Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"Mistborn" {by Brandon Sanderson} Book Club Ideas

August Book Club:

"Mistborn"
By:Brandon Sanderson
Mistborn: The Final Empire is the first in Sanderson's epic fantasy trilogy.
 ("The alloy of law" is a branch off book that takes place in the future of Mistborn.)
"This book has a little of everything for everyone. Romance, lots of action, a wiz-bang cool magic system, dark lords running amok, great visuals, and character tension. And that's just book one."
-Brandon Sanderson









The man himself, Brandon Sanderson and a picture of Kellie and I at his BYU bookstore signing for The Alloy of Law last November. Check out the crowd behind us...that place was PACKED tighter than a cup of brown sugar! I think there was some 350-400+ people there waiting to get their books signed until all the wee hours of the night.
{Good thing Kellie and I ran up to him with our books BEFORE the official signing took place so we didn't have to wait!}
Thanks again Brandon!  


PICTURES FROM OUR 2012 ANNUAL COUPLES BOOK CLUB MEETING:
 Food
Bethany was our gracious host this year and she went all out to set up a book themed menu, complete with copper and pewter cups!

Food

Food
YUMMMMM!!


Some of the book club crew!




"Remember to take one of Vin's allomantic viles"
{Aka: 5 hour energy}
Decorations

The lucky few who won the trivia game walked away with their own bags of coins!


MISTBORN FAN ART
SPOILER ALERT!
This diagram of the allomantic metals reveals ALL of the metals in the book series but it is very helpful.
Steel Inquisitor:
The steel inquisitors were an interesting bunch...very "interesting" indeed.
I love this helpful diagram of how the Koloss look and mature.
 (Pretty gross if you ask me.)


"Kandra"
The Mistwraith or Kandra, have no skeleton of their own – so they digests those of corpses instead, incorporating them into its body...so many possibilities.

A Mistborn
Kelsier as a Mistborn perhaps?
Elend Venture
This is how I imagined Elend looking while I was reading...anyone else agree?
(James Mcaoy)  

Vin
I like this picture of Vin. I always imagined her rough around the edges, tough and fearless which she is BUT there is another side to her...a softer more lady like side.
Should I call her Vin or Valett?

To read our review of this book, click HERE.

1 comment :

Frk. Litteratur said...

I am currently reading The Final Empire, and I am really enjoying it, thanks for the post, I need to save most of these pictures!

AmandaEmma @ Little Miss Reader
http://little-missreader.blogspot.com/